I thought it would be good if the first blog post was a nice welcome one, because I’m friendly like that! So hi, and thanks for stopping by.
Who I A-M
I’m Anne-Marie, a Learning & Development Consultant and Coach. I’m a trainer, facilitator, learning & development specialist, and Coach.
I’m also a wife, mum of two, daughter, sister, friend, florist, motorbike rider, holiday lover and self builder! I love to learn new things (hence the florist qualification and motorbike licence). I value variety, flexibility, honesty and fun! I think collaboration, accountability and support are important.
What is a Learning & Development Consultant?
My job is to ensure people know what knowledge and skills they need to do their jobs well, and then I help them to get the ones they haven’t yet got.
First I look at where you are now, then I look at where you need to be, then I look at the gap between the two. I then look at how we fill that gap.
Some examples of what I do with my L&D hat on are:
- Learning needs analysis
- Training design and delivery
- Team building workshops
- Policy development
- Process design (e.g. performance reviews or how to onboard new people)
- Advising on the development that is available to your teams
What is a Coach?
Coaching is notoriously tricky to define, but The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “a strategic partnership in which the coach empowers the client to clarify goals, create action plans, move past obstacles, and achieve what the client chooses.”
As a Coach I’m on your side, I want you to be successful, whatever that looks like to you. Coaching should feel challenging, but safe. Enjoyable, but testing. It could mean lots of thinking, or lots of talking. A coaching conversation uses the questioning, listening and observational skills of the coach, but the content is all yours.
Why might you want to get in touch with me?
I’m really approachable, and honest. I’ll answer your questions, give you advice if that is what you need, or help you unpick a problem if I think that is the best way to help.
I’ll listen. Really listen, not just nod and say yea. I’ll ask questions that help get to the bottom of things.
You might be looking for:
- A personal skills development trainer
- Leadership or Management training
- Team building
- A policy or process advisor
- A Coach to help you work through a career or business issue
Or you may be feeling like:
- What is next for my career?
- My team needs some support/development
- How am I going to get back into work after having a baby?
- How do I take on this new job managing people, I’ve never done that before?
- I need to work on my influencing and communication skills?
- Other peoples behaviour doesn’t make sense to me
These are just a few examples. If you’ve got a question, go ahead and ask it. I’m really very helpful!